So that The Crescent Medical Centre complies with CQC Outcome 1D…….
“People who use services benefit from a service that takes into account relevant guidance, including that from the Care Quality Commission’s Schedule of Applicable Publications”,
…….the Practice will ensure that all relevant staff are aware of the following guidance as listed below:
This will ensure that the Practice complies with both National and Local guidance that the Government and the Department of Health request practice adheres to.
All these documents will be made known that they are available to staff, either in paper format or on the Practice intranet:
· The NHS Constitution (DH, 2012);
· Confidentiality: NHS code of practice (DH, 2003);
· Relevant national strategies, national service frameworks, and nationally agreed policy guidance and recommendations about involving people published by the Department of Health and other Government departments, including:
· Human Rights in Health Care – A Framework for Local Action (DH);
· Valuing People: a new strategy for learning disability for the 21st century (HM Government, 2001);
· Valuing People Now: a new three-year strategy for people with learning disabilities – Making it happen for everyone (HM Government, 2009);
· Real involvement: working with people to improve services (DH, 2008)
· Independence , Choice and Risk: A Framework for Supported Decision Making (DH, 2007);
· Refocusing the care programme approach: Policy and positive practice guidance (DH, 2008).
· Guide to the public sector equalities duties (Equality and Human Rights Commission, 2009)l
· Being open – communicating patient safety incidents with patients and their carers (NPSA, 2006)
· Care Planning Practice Guide (NTA, 2006).